Saturday, August 23, 2008

Winding Down

Summer is about over, and school is just around the corner. August is so busy!! We've had a wedding this month, I went away for a girls' weekend, and next weekend there's another thing to do. This weekend I don't have anything, and that's just how it should be. I need to catch up on cleaning, blogging, and Facebook. Noah's nap is the perfect time to do all that.

Noah is getting to be such a big helper! I've said before that he'll put his dirty dishes in this sink, but he also wants to help fix his own breakfast. Noah will put his waffle or bread in the toaster and push it down by himself. He hands me his plate when he's done eating, wipes his face and hands, brushes his own teeth, and lots of little things like that. He's my little man! Today he walked down the stairs all by himself just holding onto the railing. I was standing right next to him of course, but he didn't want any help. My little baby is growing up!


He loves his Sit and Spin!
Here are the first of many scraped up knees. :)


I babysat a friend's little girl twice last week also. Her name is Haley and she's about 6 months old. Noah was really great with her. He would pick up toys that she dropped. He did want to play with his old baby toys too. It was fun to watch.



Last weekend I went away with 5 other women to a "cottage" in Mosinee, WI. The cottage was nicer than my house! We had a great time relaxing, shopping, going out for dinner, and just being with each other. It's nice to have a little break from husbands and kids. I missed Tyler and Noah a lot, but it was great to get away, especially before the craziness of school resumes.
School starts on Sept. 2, but I've got meetings next Wed. and Thurs. My summer is pretty much over, but it was a great one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you as you start a new year tomorrow Jen! Hope it goes well! Love and miss ya, and great pics!

Unknown said...

Hey Jen! Hope you are enjoying your class so far! Noah continues to be such a cutie! Glad to hear you got a chance to get away for some R&R before school started too! Sounds like it was a great time!