Friday, August 1, 2008

Camping Fun

It's been a really long time since I've posted. Our weekends are so busy lately it seems. Last weekend was awesome. We went camping with a group of friends in Lodi, WI. It's near Madison. The campground is called Smokey Hollow Campground at it was awesome! There was so much for kids to do! Noah was a little young for most of it, but he had an awesome time with the stuff he could do. There was a huge man made pond with a great sandy beach that he totally got into. He loved digging in the sand. He did get into the water eventually when I found something for him to sit in so he could float. After that I couldn't get him out! When we had to leave he threw such a huge fit. All the other people on the beach probably thought I was torturing him or something. Here's some pics of him enjoying some fun in the sun.

We use my father-in-law's pop-up camper for the trip. Everyone else tents it, but if we can have electricity and running water, I'll take it! Noah had a pretty sweet set-up too.

We played a lot of bean bags to pass the time. Noah and our friend's daughter Hailey got into it too!

The campground had a ton of other things to do. There was a little pumpkin coach pulled behind a golf cart to ride in. There was also a giant shopping cart you could get rides in. This thing was awesome! Noah didn't go b/c he was napping. I'm glad I went. There was a huge truck engine in it and a quarter barrel was the gas tank. I've never seen anything like it!


I have to say that this was the best place we've been to yet! I'd definitely go back.

No comments: