Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

It seems like forever since I've posted anything!! We've been pretty busy here. School is winding down which is always crazy. There's so much extra stuff going on to try to squeeze in. Today was Field Day. I'm on the committee, so I'm VERY glad that's over. It's fun, but a lot of work (right, Chris?). Only 7 more days to go!!

Tyler and I were pretty busy last weekend. One thing we did was lease a new vehicle. Our old lease was up on our F-150, so we took that back and checked out some options, especially the ones with better gas mileage. We decided on a Ford Edge. I LOVE it!! Tyler wasn't too keen on the whole crossover thing, but he really likes it too (especially since we can still pull things, like a camper). It also has that whole SYNC system, so we can talk on the phone hands-free, and program songs from an MP3 player and stuff like that. I don't know if I'm ever going to understand how to do it though. That whole ordeal took all of our Saturday, but it was worth it. Here are some pics.


Noah says, "Dad, let's ride!!"
I wasn't feeling good all weekend. Really bad cold (stuffed up, sore throat, cough, you name it). Noah was also really crabby. I took him into the dr. yesterday and discovered that he has another ear infection. Fun. Well, medicine really works wonders!! He's back to his old self pretty much. Tyler wasn't sick at all. He was actually feeling pretty ambitious. On Monday he cleaned out the entire garage. I really wish I had some before/after pictures, because you'd all be impressed! He also decided to cut off the railing to our deck. It's only a few inches off the ground anyway, so we thought, why not? If you've never seen our deck before, you won't know the difference. I think it looks pretty nice. Noah can get on and off of it very well.

Here's the railing, ready to be burned in the firepit. There's many nights around the fire here. S'mores anyone?

That was pretty much the extent of our weekend. I'm finally feeling better. I think I have an idea of what makes me sick around here. The crazy weather!! On Monday it was over 80 degrees. On Tuesday, it was only 50!! Tuesday night we had a FROST advisory! Today was nicer, but still only about 60 or so. That's Wisconsin for you. :) Anyone want to visit??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll come visit you Jen - because Michigan's the same way! We're used to it! Your new wheels are sweet! Love it! Glad you had a fun weekend. It was gorgeous here too, we got lots done outside. Take care! Love ya,
SAL