Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mommy's Day!!!

This is only my 2nd mother's day, but I just love them!! Tyler went and got Noah this morning when he woke up and changed him. Then they both came in to wish me a "Happy Mommy's Day"! Noah didn't say anything of course, but he snuggled up to me in that special way of his. That's his way of saying, "Mom, I love you!" Tyler is now grilling my special mother's day steaks so I didn't have to cook at all! Tonight we're going to his mom's for supper. I think I'll even get to take a nap. What a great day!

This is a busy week coming up. The annual Spring Program is at school on Tuesday night. My 5th graders do all the acting, solos, and make all the props as well. I have to direct the whole thing (besides the music part of it). I'm always just a little more stressed out around this time of year. My students know that they shouldn't mess with Mrs. Atkinson right now! After Tuesday, it's smooth sailing till the end of the year, which is only about 4 weeks away! My how times flies! I'm looking forward to the summer.

Yesterday Tyler and I spent all afternoon outside cleaning up the yard. We mowed and trimmed and raked up a lot of stuff. Does anyone need pinecones?? We have about 3 million under our trees in our backyard. We'll have to haul those away soon. We also have little critters living all over the place. They probably had some pretty nice homes around our house in the winter. Now we're cleaning everything out so they'll hopefully be moving on. :) I also have lilies coming up in the front of the house! I just love spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day...a little late I suppose! Sounds like you got a chance for a bit of relaxation! Awesome! I can't believe that your school year is almost over! Seems so fast! Noah continues to be such an adorable little man! I love the pic of him sitting on Tucker! I can't wait until Abigail can do that to Matty!!