Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Wonderful Celebration

The weekend of July 24th, my whole family gathered at my Grandma's house in IN to celebrate her 80th birthday! It was a WONDERFUL time with the whole family. We usually all get together every Thanksgiving, so this was a nice time to hang out together in the summer. Chris and I camped in Grandma's backyard with our families in our campers. It was very fun, despite the HORRIBLE storm on Friday night. My kids slept through it just fine. Tyler and I did not.

Saturday morning Dad was all excited to do a big "camper" breakfast. Kevin did the cooking out in the garage and we all ate sitting on the driveway on our camping chairs. It was very fun. I told Dad we should do it at Thanksgiving too (maybe not in the garage). In the afternoon we went to my aunt and uncle's little lake in the middle of their subdivision. Tyler took Noah out on the little boat and did some fishing. Ty caught a TON of fish, and Noah reeled a couple in too! He had such a great time out there.

Saturday night we had a birthday dinner for Grandma with her sisters and my family. Tyler grilled some burgers, hot dogs, and brats (of course). It was just a really nice time talking with everyone. After that we hung out around the fire for a few more hours. By the end it was just me, Chris, Sandy, and Dan left talking. Pretty cool to have some time with my siblings.

It was a wonderful time, but it was over much too quickly. I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving!
Noah on a scooter:


Catching a bubble:


Grandma with Naomi

Daddy and Noah on the boat
Look what I got!


Scuba Dan
Mmmm, ice cream!
Grandma and the grandkids

No comments: